Starring: ‘71 Chevrolet Corvette C3
First Look: The Mid-Engine Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Chevrolet fulfills the promise of the iconic Corvette with the introduction of the 2020 Stingray, the brand’s first-ever production mid-engine Corvette. The sum of everything that came before it, the 2020 Stingray is re-imagined to bring customers new levels of performance, technology, craftsmanship and luxury.
The new mid-engine layout gives the 2020 Stingray:
- Better weight distribution, with the rear weight bias enhancing performance in a straight line and on the track.
- Better responsiveness and sense of control due to driver positioning closer to the front axle, almost on top of the front wheels.
- The fastest 0-60 time of any entry Corvette ever — under three seconds when equipped with Z51 Performance Package.
- A race car-like view of the road due to lower positioning of the hood, instrument panel and steering wheel. Excellent forward sightlines throughout the vehicle for both driver and passenger.
- Dual trunks for a total of 12.6 cubic feet of cargo volume
The entry 2020 Stingray continues that tradition as a no-compromise value proposition, as it will start under $60,000.
The 2020 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray goes into production at GM’s Bowling Green Assembly in late 2019. Additional pricing and packaging information will be shared closer to launch.
Starring: ‘66 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray 427
Starring: Chevrolet Corvette Stingray